Volunteer for WOW!’s Board of Directors
WOW! Children's Museum is currently recruiting volunteer board members to serve a two year term. As catalysts for the Museum’s continued growth and increased community impact, board members develop leadership skills, serve our mission and make great things happen for WOW! A small but highly engaged and diverse team, the Board supports the Museum through each member’s unique skills, interests, background, and contacts, both professional and personal.
We are particularly interested in applicants with the following skill sets:
- Community Leader/Fundraiser: WOW! is seeking community leaders to provide guidance in identifying, and evaluating major new individual and corporate donors; and in setting appointments with major prospects and soliciting their donations. These individuals should have a passion for the organization and ability to speak with enthusiasm about upcoming projects.
- Business Development Expert: WOW! is seeking a professional with experience in making strategic business decisions to increase profitability. This individual will provide guidance to board and staff on strategy, planning and problem solving, sharing their expert business skills and knowledge.
Board service expectations include:
- Attend at least 8 monthly board meetings annually
- Actively participate on at least one committee
- Make a personally significant financial contribution to the Museum
- Generate leads for corporate and individual donations to the Museum
- Must pass a background check
- To review the Board Recruitment Packet or to apply visit: http://wowchildrensmuseum.org/volunteer-for-wows-board-of-directors/
- Applications are due by September 29, 2017