Paralegal for PI Firm in Boulder, CO
If you have experience as a Paralegal, Legal Researcher, Genealogist or recently graduated with a bachelors or masters degree, and would like to work for a growing division inside Lauth Investigations that values growth and upward mobility then please apply.
This role analyzes, researches, and reviews claims for accuracy, completeness, and approval. In support of the operations team, this role also prepares and maintains reports and records for processing. The ideal candidate for this position will have a vast interest and experience in legal research. If you thrive in a work culture that values creativity and open-discussion, with an ambition to work independently, we want to speak with you!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Strong analytical, research, data analysis, and data management skills--including familiarity with open source and commercially available databases, registries, search tools and other technologies customarily used in complex legal research investigations; and experience in analyzing legal documents
- Experience undertaking research, documentation, and analysis of complex facts reflecting court and legal documentation in relation to the following areas: heirship, estate, and probate, pre-escheated and escheated property and various lost assets.
- Other research areas acceptable include intensive postgraduate research contingent on the disciplinary area.
- Ability to draw on lessons learned from experience and to innovate; sensitivity to local context and ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to prioritize and make timely decisions.
- Skill and passion for breaking new ground through document and data analysis in combination with developing human relationships, including a facility in identifying and cold-calling potential information sources.
- Ability to connect with a wide variety of constituencies and colleagues, as well as work independently, with a high degree of self-motivation and ability to set and meet goals.
WHAT TO LOOK FORWARD TO DAILY IN YOUR ROLE:
- Provide comprehensive case management services to all claimants including intake assessment, goal setting, development, weekly client relations development, progress monitoring of new and pending cases.
- Review and Input accurate and complete data for all new cases into Salesforce CRM.
- Provide a weekly or monthly report for claim status on internal claim processing.
- Ensure that all client documentation is complete and prepared for validity and management review.
- Determine claimant and case requirements by completing intake interviews; determining the needs of the case; reviewing the information and creating a plan to help claimants recover their assets.
- Monitor cases by evaluating progress and responses from claimants; obtaining additional resources such as genealogy and heir confirmation to secure the claim.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends; compiling statistics.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Pays a competitive salary of $45,000 to $52,000 (DOE), plus bonus and stock options. Also offers health insurance and 401k. This is an exciting opportunity where ambitious employees will have opportunities to grow and thrive!
- Four-year college degree, Paralegal Certificate preferred
- OR - Two-year college degree, Paralegal Certificate, with two years previous paralegal experience
- 1+ year of legal assistant/paralegal experience in a law firm setting
- Highly responsive to the needs and interests of teammates and clients.
- Comfortably and effectively communicates orally and in writing with internal team and external contacts. Develops positive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Demonstrates the ability to manage the workload of multiple clients and deadlines.
- Produces consistently high-quality work.