Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Tuesday, November 14, 2017.
The primary goals of this position are to:
1. Support the Marketing and Events team in implementing and maintaining a strong image of the Chamber as a business leader in the areas of economic vitality, advocacy and business support within the Boulder community and on a regional basis for select issues.
2. Ensure that Boulder Chamber members and prospective members are aware of the Chamber’s programs, services and events with dual goal of conveying the value of Chamber membership and generating and enhancing revenue for the organization.
3. Assist in aligning and coordinating the marketing and communication efforts of all Chamber business units including the BEC, Events, Advocacy and Member Services.
The Marketing Coordinator reports to the Marketing & Research Manager, with primary responsibilities in the following areas:
Marketing and Communications
• Support implementation of a coordinated Boulder Chamber marketing and communications plan, policies, systems and procedures.
• Coordinate communication efforts with the Boulder Economic Council, Events Team, Advocacy Team and Member Services within the Chamber.
• Contribute key messaging, appropriate marketing and communications strategies and value propositions
• Gather content from members, staff and community/news resources for distribution via Boulder Chamber communication channels.
• Update content on the Boulder Chamber and Boulder Economic Council websites, including all web pages, using content and feedback received from staff members and departments.
• Write and distribute press releases as needed.
• Update existing marketing materials and assist in creation of new designs in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop for digital and print distribution.
• Responsible for managing print and digital ad schedule, as well as working on ad design and messaging.
• Assist Events and Program Manager in developing new ways to engage members and others in the community through social media platforms.
• Track marketing channel metrics, including website usage, newsletter open rates and social media engagement.
• Assist in event coordination.
• Other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field preferred
• 0-2 years of experience in marketing, communications, journalism or related field preferred
Skills and Abilities
• Must have strong writing skills
• Strong customer service and communication skills
• Ability to work as part of the Boulder Chamber team but independently manage projects, assignments and deadlines.
• Must be comfortable using technology and learning new systems
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Proficient or willing to become proficient in Adobe Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Knowledge of WordPress and Constant Contact a plus
• Proficient in social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram
• Proficient or willing to become proficient in various databases, contact management, event management, customer support and content management software and systems used by the Boulder Chamber
• Strong organizational skills
• Accurate, thorough and detail-oriented
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in fast-paced environment
• Must be able to carry out various tasks and meet multiple deadlines
• Maintain confidentiality
• Professionalism in appearance and actions
• Position maintains regular working hours of 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.
• Position requires flexibility to work occasional early morning and evening hours for meetings and events.
$16-$18 an hour
• Competitive benefits package, including health care, paid vacation, and more