Personal Banker II - Boulder
Community Banks of Colorado
Community Banks of Colorado is seeking qualified candidate to fill Personal Banker II postion in our Boulder location. Please see position details below and visit www.cobnks.com to apply.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list. The Bank, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our clients, associates and/or shareholders.
1. Deliver the Client Experience by providing excellent client service with each client and associate interaction.
2. Actively pursue small business clients for the bank. Provide a full range of business banking services to clients with an emphasis on loan and deposit business products, with a goal of earning 100% of the client’s business.
3. Actively cross sells loans and cash management products to small businesses. Work with other departments in the bank as necessary to provide clients a full array of loan and deposit products.
4. Provide financial advice and counsel to small business clients on credit structure and treasury management products, working with other departments within the bank as necessary.
5. Achieve specific quarterly and annual sales and service goals for the Small Business Specialist role.
6. Work and counsel the client in all aspects of the loan process, from the initial meetings to loan closing. Provide an excellent client experience throughout the entire process.
7. Proactively call on existing and potential clients. Develop and maintain relationships with business partners to maximize sales opportunities and achieve sales standards.
8. Establish a referral network & build relationships within an established COI network; meet and exceed assigned sales goals; conduct market industry research for market trends that impact clients business and spot opportunities to provide financial services.
9. Work closely with the Banking Center Manager to assist in growing loans and deposits for the banking center in a safe and sound manner.
10. Provide service, training and support to banking center staff to assist in meeting sales goals and servicing the client.
11. Work closely with Small Business Manager, Treasury Management and Commercial Relationship Managers to support delivery of a full range of loan and deposit products to large businesses in the market area.
12. Is active in the immediate community, serving on community boards and attending community functions as time permits.
13. Protect all client and bank information, and follow Customer Privacy and Information Policy & Procedure for communication with clients, vendors and associates.
14. Responsible for adherence to bank’s operational compliance and security policies and applicable state and federal laws.
15. Maintain current knowledge and consistent compliance with regulations and bank policies and procedures related to the position, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
16. Interact with others (co-workers, management, clients, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administrations or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Minimum 5 years of successful small business lending.
• Minimum 5 years banking experience.
• Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Minimum of 7 years of successful small business lending.
• Minimum 7 years of banking experience.
• Completion of a bank training or formal credit training program.
• Proficient in SalesForce.com
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
• Strong credit background with ability to analyze financial statements, underwrite loans, and prepare loan presentations for approval by credit committees.
• Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate issues.
• Ability to think creatively and meet challenges with resourcefulness.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build peer and/or team cohesiveness.
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
• Ability to prioritize competing demands and effectively manage multiple tasks and/or projects.
• Ability to make sounds and timely decisions, to consistent deliver on commitments and assume responsibility for results.
• Strong client service skills with the ability to interact in a professional manner with both internal and external clients.
• Carries one’s self in a professional manner both inside and outside the bank, representing the bank in a professional manner at all times.
• Proficient in MS office applications which include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give an overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
• Office setting with traditional hours.
• Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
• Must be able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp and hold tools and other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.
• Must be able to travel – estimated at 50% to 60% of the time.