Celebration of Leadership 2017
When: Thursday, March 2, 2017, 5:00p.m. - 8:30p.m.
Where: Dairy Arts Center, 2590 Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80302
$65 for Boulder Chamber members (until February 24 - $85 after)
$95 for non-members (until February 24 - $115 after)
Boulder's robust, innovation-driven economy didn't happen by accident. It was forged by inspired business and community leaders from diverse industries, nonprofits and public institutions. Turning imagination into invention, invention into reality. And combining forces in dynamic collaboration through linchpin organizations like the Boulder Chamber.
For four decades, the Chamber has brought these leaders and groups together to honor those who have helped promote our strong economic and social progress at its annual Celebration of Leadership. Join us March 2 at the newly renovated Dairy Arts Center to hear this year's honorees' inspirational stories. And gain exclusive insights into the Chamber's action plans for 2017--continuing to work with bold leaders and partner organizations in our ongoing journey to "Build Community Through Business."
Community Impact Award: Tamil Maldonado-Vega, Founder and Director of Barrio E' and José Beteta, Director of the Boulder Latino Chamber of Commerce
Rising Star Award: Boulder Organic Foods
Innovative Business of the Year: Techtonic Group
Virginia Patterson Business People of the Year Award: Dirk Friel and Gear Fisher, Co-Founders of Peaksware
Franny Reich Lifetime Achievement Award: Jon Kottke, Co-Founder and Partner at Kottke & Brantz, LLC; and Betsey Martens, Executive Director of Boulder Housing Partners
1. Virginia Patterson - Business Person of the Year award (aka ?Giving ?Em Hell Virginia Award?) is presented annually to the person who exemplifies determination and commitment to build a strong local economy.
2. Innovative Business of they Year Award recognizes a business/leader that/who demonstrates the innovative spirit, creative problem solving, and pioneering approaches to organizational success and industry growth that exemplifies the character of Boulder?s business community.
3. Community Impact Award recognizes an individual(s) or local company that has made significant contributions to advance their industry, environmental stewardship, and/or social sustainability within the Boulder community.
4. Rising Star Award recognizes a new business or an up-and-coming individual who has had a significant positive impact on their industry, the local economy and/or the Boulder community. The sky is the limit for this future Boulder leader.
5. Franny Reich Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes an outstanding individual for his or her legacy of exemplary business achievement and community impact.
PARKING and ENTRANCE
If the parking lot behind the Dairy is full, parking is available just across Walnut street in the parking lot of the offices and it's just a short walk to the north entrance.
PHOTO/VIDEO RELEASE: By attending this event, photographs and videos of the event and individuals will be public and possibly used on future marketing for the Boulder Chamber and its associates.
NOTE: The opinions and information provided by Chamber event speakers are strictly those of the speakers. The Boulder Chamber does not necessarily endorse their opinions and has not independently verified the information presented.